- Welcome to the NumberNagar® Phonics course.
- The learning objective of the course is to gain mastery over the fundamentals of Phonics.
Overview of Phonics
- Phonics is a systematic method of teaching and learning to read a language by correlating sounds to letters and symbols
- The key focus areas are pronunciation, spelling, and reading skills
- The NumberNagar® Phonics kit can be used by children 3+ years of age with adult (teacher/parent) guidance and supervision
- It can also be used by young adults (16+ years) and adults independently
Benefits of Phonics
- Learning through Phonics enhances phonemic awareness – the ability to hear, identify, and match letters and symbols to their appropriate sounds
- Phonemic awareness develops the ability to identify and learn new words quickly. This in turn builds vocabulary.
- A good vocabulary develops interest in reading and enhances reading ability and comprehension
- An enjoyable reading habit makes language learning engaging and builds a strong foundation to learn other subjects
- Learning via Phonics instils discipline of rigorous practice
- If started at an early age, Phonics learning is a great investment not only for learning English but also for academic performance
Structure of NumberNagar® Phonics Course
- The key focus areas of NumberNagar® Phonics Course are reading, pronunciation, spelling, and vocabulary.
- The content is structured, and the learning approach is systematic
- Learning outcomes are incremental and practice-based to ensure mastery over fundamental concepts
- The Course is divided into 6 levels
- After level 6, there is a set of bonus phonograms and spelling alternatives
- The content covers 50+ phonograms, 100+ word families, and 2000+ words
- Once you complete the course, you will have gained mastery to become an independent reader.
Level 1 of the Phonics course introduces the learner to basic sounds of the letters of the alphabet.
Watch the video to know all the learning outcomes.
- Lectures 34
- Quizzes 8
- Duration 24 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 12
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Check if your student is ready to start Level 1.
Phonics Beginners Course
Short vowel 'a'
Short vowel 'e'
Short vowel 'i'
Short vowel 'o'
Short vowel 'u'
'CK' Word Families
Plurals and Compound words
Level 1 Assessment
Level 1 Completion
SimpleVery simple and easy to use